Old 15-07-2009, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default When to transplant brambles?

Paul D.Smith wrote:
What time of year is best for moving brambles or are they hardy enough
not to care?

Probably best to do over Winter when they are dormant and to trim off
most of the top growth first. Take as much of the root ball intact as
possible. I've got a cultivated bramble (very large blackberries) that I
planted in the wrong place and it either needs moving or maybe I'll try
taking some cuttings by layering instead and plant those elsewhere.

Alternatively you could simply plant some blackberry seeds, but the
offspring may not come true.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.