Old 16-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Gordon Couger

Default Biotech Wish List

"Bob Adkins" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:57:30 GMT, Larry Caldwell
wrote:

Isn't this known as the beet? Beet greens are known as chard, and it is
quite a tasty and nutritious vegetable. Beet bottoms are, of course,
known as beets, and are also a tasty and nutritious vegetable.

Wouldn't it be cool if beets had *real blood? :-)

Then for disease:
3) Develop a virus that attacks cancer cells.

This is probably not necessary or desirable, but viruses are showing
great promise for gene therapy for diseases like cystic fibrosis.

Good memory Larry!

Wonder what ever happened to the child that was given gene therapy for CF
several months back? I suppose if it had been 100% successful, it would

have
made big headlines by now.

I don't think it has been evaluated yet. I watch real close I have a nephew
with CF.

Gordon