Old 15-07-2009, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default cucumbers and water

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:23:48 -0600, Bud wrote:

jeff wrote:
[cucumbers etc.]
I'd build a dam around the roots of the cukes and make it
high enough to give the lots of water at one time for a few
days. Pick while they are fairly small, less seeds. The same
with a bed of peppers, they like lots of water also. Toms
I'd water once a week, a good soaking. When it comes to the
end of the season, stop watering so it will stress the plant
to make them start to turn their fruits to ripen quickly.
I'll add that toms should be pinched back as the season
starts to end, you'll never be able to get the final blooms
to produce ripe tomatoes.

Fried green tomatoes, Bud. Or pickled with okra. Relish. There are
many ways to use green tomatoes.

Kate