Old 16-07-2009, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Compost Heap. Horse Manure. Pathogens.

"EastneyEnder" wrote in message
At the risk of sounding like a nouveau Victor Meldrew, what's gone
wrong with us?

I had my hands in fresh horse manure a few months ago when I helped a
friend muck out his stables.

My dog was there and thoroughly enjoyed eating horse poo - don't ask
- it's a dog thing.

I get horse poop & sit it in a composter for 6-12 months cold to break down.
My dogs also enjoy a tasty bit of horse dung.

rob