Old 16-07-2009, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Compost Heap. Horse Manure. Pathogens.

"George.com" wrote in message

My dogs also enjoy a tasty bit of horse dung.

Dogs really can be such nasty little snots at times.

The other day, I went to visit my neighbour. I give her eggs, she gives me
horse poop and we both think we get the best part of the deal.

One of her tenants who rented one of the houses on her farm died and the
tenant's Corgi ended up being adopted by my neighbour.

The Corgi was lying on the Persian rug under an old church pew in the entry
hall and chewing something with real relish. When we investigated it was a
half moon shaped thing which turned out to be a paring from the horse's hoof
from when the farrier had shod the horses that morning.

I usually have a cast iron stomach but for some reason seeing the Corgi
doing this really turned my stomach.