Old 17-07-2009, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
mj mj is offline

Default Garden Fences

On Jul 16, 6:44*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
In article
,

*Davej wrote:
Ok, I have rabbits, groundhogs, and deer. Please describe the fence I
need around my garden.

Serious question?

Solid, at least 6 foot high to deter the deer who don't like to jump
over when they can't see the other side. *Deep to keep out the rabbits. *
Gee, I don't even know how deep you'd have to go for groundhogs. *Maybe
a moat?

marcella

electric wire. It is only about 4 feet high but has worked like a
charm this season. Not going to do much for rabbits unless you have
one real close to the ground. We have 3 rows with one being the ground
wire. Lowes or Home depot and we did it for less than $50.00.
MJ