Old 17-07-2009, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default Compost Heap. Horse Manure. Pathogens.

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that it was scrapie. More that it was a
pre-existing condition in just a handful of cows either arising
spontaneously or as a very low level rare infection that stayed below
the radar. If a vet only saw one case in a lifetime for instance.

Ah. Yes, I agree that is possible. I believe that the consensus
is that it was a new variant of scrapie, but nobody knows for sure,
and your hypothesis is very plausible.

I wonder if Gummers granddaughter still eats burgers?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/369625.stm

After that total fiasco it was no surprise that government statements
about GM food being safe to eat were not believed.

The motto of the British government is "Never tell the truth when a
lie will do."

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.