Old 17-07-2009, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Yet more *** rain

"K" wrote in message
Dave Hill writes
Since the heatwave finished at the end of june (Well 2nd July)
we have now had almost 11 inches of rain, and they forcast a
drier than normal summer

The rain has reached North Yorkshire as well. It started about
6pm yesterday and doesn't seem to know when to stop. I don't have
a rain gauge but on noticing the wheelie bin was a bit smelly
when I brought it in yesterday decided to leave the lid open
overnight and despite standing against the leeward side of the
house it has over 4 inches of water in it this morning. I have
now put a straight sided container out in the open so will see
how much that catches through the day.

Sadly the roses which were looking good a now looking very
bedraggled.

Mike