Old 17-07-2009, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Yet more *** rain

"Hamer Family" wrote in message
I'm in South Wales too. I have been trying to build a new shed all week.
I will be fitting pontoons,
I'm looking for a propellor to fit my brushcutter,
floating beds instead of raised beds,
everything is tethered to a stripey pole sticking out of the mud, just
like in Venice.

Jesus it is wet.
I have been out in waterproofs and wellies, spreading muck, digging spuds,
pulling carrots and plucking beans. It is starting to get quaggy though
and time to leave it for a while.

Here it comes again.
On the other hand everything is growing like mad.
The slugs are like anaconda's, one big sod reared up and hissed at me. I
am breeding an army of frogs and hedgehogs to deal with them.

I saw an enormous flock of sparrows yesterday, haven't seen anything like
it for years.

lol. I am in North Yorkshire so we have had plenty too as Mike said