Old 17-07-2009, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DAVEJ DAVEJ is offline

Default Yet more *** rain

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Another horendus night of rain here in South Wales

Since the heatwave finished at the end of june (Well 2nd July) we have
now had almost 11 inches of rain, and they forcast a drier than normal
summer (Bah Humbug!)
the heavy rain started with us just after 4pm yesterday and to now wqe
have had 2.7 inches, the railway line to Llanelli is closed because of
flooding, roads are closed, Flooding and land slips around the area.

In Hull , 6 feet above sea-level, we got some rain last night,- filled up a
weelie bin , a blue bin and a100 ltr butt which I rigged up yesterday,
because all the clouds that pass over don't know we're here - no hills to
cool them, before this no noticeable rain