Old 17-07-2009, 08:22 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK1000[_2_] View Post
On Jul 9, 2:31*pm, Amos Nomore wrote:
In article
,

*DK1000 wrote:
Pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...IMAGE_028a.jpg

This is growing in Cleveland, Ohio about 3 miles from my house. Not
sure how many different types are in that planter, but something was
filling up the whole area with aroma from that planter. I do not know
my flowers very well, would appreciate an ID if possible. I do have a
small garden, and I planted alyssums, and whatever that is has a kind
of similar, maybe stronger, scent to my nose. Whatever they are, I'd
like to get some for my garden. Sorry if the pic isn't the clearest,
it's from a camera phone. Thanks much.

Petunias!

Thanks much! But then there must be something else around there that I
didn't see. I forgot to mention I do have petunias also in my garden,
and I thought, no those can't be petunias, even though they kind of
looked like what I have, as mine don't have a scent at all. I was
looking for scented flowers when I bought mine, and at the store they
told me what I'm buying will have a strong scent, but at night. I
can't smell anything from mine night or day. Are there varieties that
have scent and ones that don't? Mine are different colors from those
in the pic. Thanks again.
The original petunia was highly scented, but it was lost as they were increasingly bred for fancy colours. There are now varieties which have been bred for scent. The petunia pink ones are usually the strongest smelling.