Old 17-07-2009, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default OT Ronnie Briggs

"BAC" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

snip

My own opinion? Ronnie took part in a robbery for his own personal gain
and someone died because of his greed. He then escaped to South America
and lived the life of Riley there for years. He came back to take
advantage of the NHS when his health began to fail and has never shown
any remorse for what he did.
He still has quite a lot of sentence to serve if I remember rightly so
let him serve it. If it means he dies in prison, so be it.
Myra Hindley was not released when she was dying of cancer, so why should
Ronnie Biggs be?

Leaving aside the fact that Biggs's offence was by no means equivalent to
Hindley's, the main difference is that the parole board recommended Biggs
release.

Killing someone is still killing!