Old 17-07-2009, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Yet more *** rain

"Dave Hill" wrote...
Another horendus night of rain here in South Wales

Since the heatwave finished at the end of june (Well 2nd July) we have
now had almost 11 inches of rain, and they forcast a drier than normal
summer (Bah Humbug!)
the heavy rain started with us just after 4pm yesterday and to now wqe
have had 2.7 inches, the railway line to Llanelli is closed because of
flooding, roads are closed, Flooding and land slips around the area.
Breaking news

Friday, July 17, 2009, 09:24
HEAVY rain overnight has brought flooding to Gower this morning.
Large parts of the South Gower area around Horton, Port Eynon and
Rhossili are claimed to be impassable.

There are also reports of a major landslide on the road between
Caswell and Bishopston.

Asd it's summer/

The lack of water didn't do our summer cabbages any good, we can only use
watering cans on our site so can't get enough water into everything. Now
this welcome rain, nothing heavy yet, has made them all split as the hearts
now grow faster than the outside leaves. Typical!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden