Old 19-07-2009, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default I think my corn might be better off than I thought it was

Suzanne D. wrote:

My question is: Would ears get large and full if they were NOT
pollinated? Or can I actually expect some good eatin' out of these in
a few weeks?

The ears grow without pollen but each full kernel on each ear is the result
of a pollination event, they don't develop without pollination. You will
see some ears with missing kernels these are the ones that missed out.

David