Old 19-07-2009, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy[_2_] Davy[_2_] is offline

Default Early Blight on Toms

Davy wrote in
. 109.145:

For the last two years since moving to Wessex during the wet summers

my
toms failed due to late blight.
So this year I grew them in pots against a south-facing wall. So

after
all the recent rain I now have early blight. Lower leaves going

yellow
with black spots.

However, the toms in one of those simple £14.99 4-shelf patio cloches

so
far unaffected despite it being wide open to the rain at the front.

Think I'll give toms a miss next year.

DAvy

Yes, its Early Blight as apposed to Late Blight showing early! They are
two similar but different diseases.

DAvy