Old 19-07-2009, 08:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Got my first ripe tomato

"Default User" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Ok - it was an orange cherry type, but it was tasty!

I only planted cherry/grape types this year, but I love a mixed
tomato salad.

I have one Big Boy just about ready to go, and another starting to
turn. Then there's a big gap due to an unseasonably hot June here.
There's a raft of green ones 2 inches in diameter. Should be a good
crop down the line a bit.

The poblanos have several getting to a size where I could use them
green (pork chile verde sounds good). Some I will let ripen to dry for
ancho use.

Contrary to pepper science I have noticed my poblanos are weathering the
high heat quite well and continue to develop nicely. The bells are having
more trouble.

Paul