Old 19-07-2009, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mike. buckley mike. buckley is offline

Default New garden - help req

In message , Kathy
writes

"mike. buckley" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just moved to a new house, the garden is a little un-cared for - but only
for a year or so while the move completed. Before I start hacking around
too much I need some plant IDs, photos he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3966580...7621553462651/

Picture four looks very much like a plant in my neighbour's garden. He
calls it "The Triffid", which is possibly of no help at all :-} If it is the
same, it produces lots of nasty sharp leaves and silly little flowers on
long stems.

That one has been ID'd as a Phormium and it'll probably be staying after
a tidy up.

Oh, and "Toastyhamster"?!?

Long story - I desperately needed a unique posting name for a hotmail
account and I'd just been playing the Day of the Tentacle PC game. In
effect you played three characters, one in the past (George Washington I
think), one in the present and one in the future. The character in the
present had to put a hamster in deep freeze so the person in the future
could find it and thaw it out (I forget exactly why, it was possibly
require to power a generator) - unfortunately after thawing the hamster
was shivery and cold, so you had to shrink a woolly jumper in the tumble
dryer and fit it to the hamster. Hey presto one toasty hamster!

It was a bit of a quirky game.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2