Old 20-07-2009, 12:17 PM
solaara solaara is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"solaara" wrote

how deep should I plant agapanthus bulbs?

They should be in leaf and flowering at this time.
They also have fleshy roots not bulbs.
Are you sure you have agapanthus?

Anyway, the roots should have a growing tip and this should be planted about
2 inches down. They resent disturbance so make sure you plant them in their
permanent home, they like full sun. Keep moist until established. Best
planted close together as they like to be crowded.

Some are only half hardy so make sure yours are a hardy type if you intend
to plant in the garden, otherwise plant in a pot which you can bring into a
frost free place (shed) for the winter after the leaves have died down.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden