Old 20-07-2009, 01:00 PM
gardenplanters gardenplanters is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M. Cook View Post
What's up with that? Week after week they just hang here and nothing
changes. The plant is putting out a pretty fair number of buds and I see
new fruit all over it. But the oldest fruit which is almost full size just
stays green week after week.

It has been hot here in SoCal - days in the mid 90s and nights about 68-72.
I water them heavily two times a day and that may have to be 3 at the rate
they seem to need it.

My celebrities also do not seem to be in any hurry to ripen. In fact some
of the oldest ones I just had to cut off due to brown rot on the bottom
half. Cutting them open showed they were full of brown goo inside.
Welcome to Garden-Planters,

The temps here are upper 80s, sometimes low 90s. And I water my toms maybe
every 5 days. If you are watering them heavily twice a day, you are badly
over-watering themYou might also try putting shade cloth over your plants to reduce the
heat and light.
http://Garden-Planters.com