Old 20-07-2009, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New garden - help req

In article , says...
Hi all,

Just moved to a new house, the garden is a little un-cared for - but
only for a year or so while the move completed. Before I start hacking
around too much I need some plant IDs, photos he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3966580...7621553462651/

The final picture is of an apple tree that looks to have had aphids on
it for some time. I've washed the worst of them off but is it beyond
saving? There's another apple tree within touching distance that is in
great health although they look more like cookers than eaters - have to
try some apple wine :-)

Mike
3893 = Ceanothus arborea Trewithan Blue
3894 = Cotinus coggygria
3895 = Phormium tenax
3896 = Cytissus battendeiri

Unless you want lots more apples ignore the aphid problem it will be self
regulating in the long run (put up some tit boxes)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk