Old 20-07-2009, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Wabbits again

In the news from Lake Wobegon this weekend, GK mentioned great hordes of
rabbits eating everything in peoples gardens except the tomato plants
(which they obviously don't like.)

I haven't had any problems with rabbits this year, after I shot that big
one a couple of months ago. Well, Saturday they must have heard Prairie
Home Companion, because when I went out in my garden yesterday,
something had eaten most of my pepper plants, and the dill was kind of
knocked down a little like a smallish animal had laid on it. The
tomatoes were untouched.

I set up a Have-a-hart trap where there's a gap in the fence at the
corner. I know that's where they get in. When that doesn't work, I'll
set the old Victor leg-hold trap. (Don't tell my wife or DD about that one)

Bob