Old 20-07-2009, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
EJ Willson EJ Willson is offline

Default Garden Fences

Frank wrote:
On Jul 16, 6:44 pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
In article
,

Davej wrote:
Ok, I have rabbits, groundhogs, and deer. Please describe the fence I
need around my garden.

Serious question?

Solid, at least 6 foot high to deter the deer who don't like to jump
over when they can't see the other side. Deep to keep out the rabbits.
Gee, I don't even know how deep you'd have to go for groundhogs. Maybe
a moat?

marcella

Netting will deter deer as will chicken wire. Need not be solid.
Groundhogs are tough as they will burrow under. Hav-a-hart works well
for groundhogs.

What do you use for bait for groundhogs?

EJ in NJ