Old 21-07-2009, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Staking cucumbers in pots

To say my yellow lemon cucs have taken off is an understatement. I swear I
can hear them growing right now. Four weeks old and they are 4 feet tall
with big yellow flowers *everywhere.* They're putting out gigantic leaves,
too. Apparently they love the hot weather in SoCal.

So I have them in a pot, staked with bamboo poles. They hate the trellis
and won't wrap their tendrils around the square wood. So my question is,
how tall will these guys get? I may have a problem here real soon. Another
foot and they'll tower above the stakes. At this rate that will be about
one week.

Do you top them? I am not sure what I can do about getting something tall
enough to support them.