Old 21-07-2009, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Now really OT! Sacha's tearoom

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:29:13 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:02:06 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
We even had a disastrous meal in "Yorkshire's Best Fish
restaurant"
Did you??

We really did. Cold greasy chips and soggy battered fish for £2 more
than elsewhere.

Ugh! Did you complain?

The chips went back and were returned hot but still soggy.

I can't think which one that is.

It occurs to me that you are in Yorkshire such a lot, it might be
nice if we all met up for a drink or coffee It would need to be
evening or weekend because David works. Anyway, my email is good

It would need to be in autumn, if P&O's North Sea Ferries haven't
gone bust by then. Previous recessions didn't seem to effect them.
ATM they are losing £500,000 a week on the Hull routes because of
lack of freight. One of the ferries appears to have almost no
European staff. The Asian who makes the announcements can't
pronounce "Hull". Martin

Oh dear Well I don't know where we will be in the Autumn.. but who
knows Son is wanting to visit his sister in Germany for a
holiday, but he says the ferry prices are extortionate just now.
School holidays I expect.

We buy a season ticket you get five returns at the cheap low season
rate. Martin

Excellent if you do that journey a lot! Son goes over a couple of times a
year though.

It's cheaper to go five times )
You can use one of the tickets for close family members and the return in
either direction. Which is how we ended up buying a season ticket instead
of two
peak period returns.
--

Martin

One hell of a lot not snipped, but ......

where is the gardening content here?

Perhaps you would like to take this to email, or are you one of the 'chosen

Kindest possible regards.

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk