Old 22-07-2009, 08:07 AM
gardenplanters gardenplanters is offline
Registered User

I am very concerned that too much was cut off, and that my trees might now be damaged.just not doing well & ugly to boot. it
sent up a couple sprouts from the stump so i chose the strogest one &
removed the others. not sure if it will hold up over winter, but
we'll see.
the previous owners cut all the blighted sections off an American
chestnut by the garage about 20 years ago & that tree is beautiful
now & bears nuts (not as many as it would if there were more
chestnuts nearby).
http://Garden-Planters.com