Old 22-07-2009, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
SteveB[_11_] SteveB[_11_] is offline

Default Picking time

I have seen zucchini approach the size of a VW in size. I know they
couldn't be good, as the ones I like are about 6" long and about as round as
a silver dollar. Is there a trick to harvesting squashes? When it looks
the right size? Will they just keep getting bigger like zucchini? I got
one big honker of I think banana squash that is over a foot long, but still
light green. How do you tell if they're ripe?

Steve