Old 22-07-2009, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Now really OT! Sacha's tearoom

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:19:17 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:25:54 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:29:13 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:02:06 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
We even had a disastrous meal in "Yorkshire's Best Fish
restaurant"
Did you??

We really did. Cold greasy chips and soggy battered fish for £2
more than elsewhere.

Ugh! Did you complain?

The chips went back and were returned hot but still soggy.

I can't think which one that is.

It occurs to me that you are in Yorkshire such a lot, it might
be nice if we all met up for a drink or coffee It would
need to be evening or weekend because David works. Anyway, my
email is good

It would need to be in autumn, if P&O's North Sea Ferries
haven't gone bust by then. Previous recessions didn't seem to
effect them. ATM they are losing £500,000 a week on the Hull
routes because of lack of freight. One of the ferries appears
to have almost no European staff. The Asian who makes the
announcements can't pronounce "Hull". Martin

Oh dear Well I don't know where we will be in the Autumn.. but
who knows Son is wanting to visit his sister in Germany for a
holiday, but he says the ferry prices are extortionate just now.
School holidays I expect.

We buy a season ticket you get five returns at the cheap low
season rate. Martin

Excellent if you do that journey a lot! Son goes over a couple of
times a year though.

It's cheaper to go five times )
You can use one of the tickets for close family members and the
return in either direction. Which is how we ended up buying a season
ticket instead of two peak period returns.

That *IS* interesting! Do tell more please?

http://www.poferries.com/tourist/con...on_tickets.htm

It doesn't mention period return tickets but they are available too.
I was told that this is because of an omission on their website. The
surcharge they mention is ?30 each way. We paid ?290 for each return
ticket. Martin

Thank you. I will pass it on to the children too

I discovered last year that I could have saved a substantial amount by
paying in
pounds. Worth considering!

Noted too) |Many thanks, Martin! Cor. you are a mine of useful
information)