Old 22-07-2009, 09:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Cherry tomato plant pruning

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Martin Riddle" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to growing tomatoes and I have a question on pruning.
These plants are Husky cherry tomatoes and Cherry 100 tomatoes. When is
a good time to start pruning.
These started a little late and are about 3' tall. I see 2 have 2
stems. I have yet to look for suckers.
Right now they have started flowering and 2 have some fruit. Whets a
good height for these guys.

From what I can gather these are indeterminate plants.

Any insight is appreciated.

Martin

IIRC, no difference was found in crop production between pruned and
unpruned tomato plants.

I just get rid of anything that is dead or that is seriously crowding out
the fruits. I never follow a plan and I get hundreds of tomatoes every
summer. I leave the suckers on too--just push the extra branches back into
the cages. More tomatoes for me!
--S.