Old 22-07-2009, 08:24 PM
avz10 avz10 is offline
Registered User

Location: Johannesburg, South africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hurley View Post
Is the inside painted grey, or did you use a
grey color in a surface cement? That would be permanent, where pond
paint will peel relatively soon. Epoxy would be permanent. However,
whichever you have, the algae will cover them quickly. I like the
coloring of the pvc in the pond. It will help it go away visually.
Nice touch.
Jim
I have used a product called Coprox that we get in South Africa. One type you mix with normal plaster (which I did) and then I painted with the Coprox masonry waterproofing agent. It has a type of a cement base that infiltrates the plaster. I used their darkest colour- charcoal, but it is too light for me, although everyone assures me that once the water is in, the colour will be better. I wanted to add a black stain, but was too scared that it might harm the fish.

This weekend I will plant ferns, etc under the water fall and fill the pond, just hoping it will not leak!

Albie