Old 22-07-2009, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Best way to bury an extension cable to the shed?

www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk
"glasgowdan" wrote in message

I'm confused now. Don't most people use orange cables to plug in their
lawnmowers, strimmers etc? I already have an external socket on the
wall. It's to run a fridge freezer in the shed. If I can plug this
extension into the external socket, fit a conduit and bury the cable
myself that would be the ideal solution as it's simplest... what do you
think?

Your total lack of Electrical knowledge tells me that you should get a
qualified Electrician in. One does NOT run a Freezer off a two core
extension lead which I believe is rated at about 5 amps. On top of that, as
someone has pointed out, you need an Earth wire.

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk