Old 22-07-2009, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Courgettes

On Jul 22, 9:40*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:11:14 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 22, 7:36*am, "Ophelia" wrote:
"K" wrote in message

sutartsorric writes
It is amazing how much surplus courgette can be 'hidden' in a curry this
way, and eaten by those who hate them.

It's amazing how many things can be hidden in a curry!

I got rid of quite a few substandard apples that way last autumn

Hmmmm we don't eat curry. *Any other dishes for hiding these things?

I'm not keen either, however you can use spices such as cumin, to
enhance the flavour, sprinkle on. *Cut up courgettes with skins on,
sprinkle with olive oil or a lighter oil, sprinkle on a little cumin,
and/or fresh herbs, even parsley chopped up very fine is good. *A
small sprinkle of salt and white pepper and roast until cooked and
slightly brown, serve with any dish you like, fish or meat. *You will
get some juice, if you want to make a sauce, use your imagination on
how to thicken it, if meat, I reduce it with a little red wine and if
fish I add fromage blanc or frais.

Throw courgettes away, drink red wine.
--

Martin

I don't drink red wine, so what do you suggest? :-)

Judith