Old 22-07-2009, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to bury an extension cable to the shed?

glasgowdan wrote:
I'm confused now. Don't most people use orange cables to plug in their
lawnmowers, strimmers etc? I already have an external socket on the
wall. It's to run a fridge freezer in the shed. If I can plug this
extension into the external socket, fit a conduit and bury the cable
myself that would be the ideal solution as it's simplest... what do
you think?

Actually, the colour of the cable is irelevant. You need 3 core cable. As
Ragnar said, 2.5 T & E. Encased in conduit, pref biried a foot undrground.
It should be installed by a qualified electrician, or by yourself, then
certified by an electrician. Cost of certificate, £50 - 80. Unfortunately,
that is the law.
--
Pete C
London UK