Old 22-07-2009, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Best way to bury an extension cable to the shed?

In message , glasgowdan
writes

I'm confused now. Don't most people use orange cables to plug in their
lawnmowers, strimmers etc? I already have an external socket on the
wall. It's to run a fridge freezer in the shed. If I can plug this
extension into the external socket, fit a conduit and bury the cable
myself that would be the ideal solution as it's simplest... what do you
think?

A two core cable should only be used to an appliance which is double
insulated. Check the lead on the fridge freezer and if it is 3 core your
existing installation is dangerous enough without burying the cable and
making it worse.
--
hugh