Old 23-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Clean Rob Clean Rob is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisherman[_3_] View Post
I had a sourwood tree next to my garden cut down 3 years ago. I am
still cutting off the shoots that sprout in the lawn and garden.
Severing roots can be harmful if you want to keep the tree healthy,
but around here beech trees grow like weeds and trimming seems to have
very little effect.
Thanks, that's pretty much the advice I was given by someone else earlier today... think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the tree cut down and the stump ground. Pretty sad about it but I think the problem is only going to get worse if I try to stay on top of it.