Old 23-07-2009, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Courgettes

On Jul 23, 10:39*am, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:34:43 +0100, "Ophelia" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:15:31 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Jul 22, 9:40 pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:11:14 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 22, 7:36 am, "Ophelia" wrote:
"K" wrote in message

sutartsorric writes
It is amazing how much surplus courgette can be 'hidden' in a curry
this
way, and eaten by those who hate them.

It's amazing how many things can be hidden in a curry!

I got rid of quite a few substandard apples that way last autumn

Hmmmm we don't eat curry. Any other dishes for hiding these things?

I'm not keen either, however you can use spices such as cumin, to
enhance the flavour, sprinkle on. Cut up courgettes with skins on,
sprinkle with olive oil or a lighter oil, sprinkle on a little cumin,
and/or fresh herbs, even parsley chopped up very fine is good. A
small sprinkle of salt and white pepper and roast until cooked and
slightly brown, serve with any dish you like, fish or meat. You will
get some juice, if you want to make a sauce, use your imagination on
how to thicken it, if meat, I reduce it with a little red wine and if
fish I add fromage blanc or frais.

Throw courgettes away, drink red wine.
--

Martin

I don't drink red wine, so what do you suggest? *:-)

* *Give it to me?

I asked first!

Share?

or get Judith to order sufficient for us all?
--

Martin

Order???? come and visit the wine celler here, I'm not allowed to
touch the red stuff as himself has forbidden me to even tidy up over
there!

Judith