Old 23-07-2009, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Best way to bury an extension cable to the shed?

hugh ] writes
In message , K
writes
hugh ] writes
No the killjoys are the ones who introduced these daft rules in the
first place.

Why are they daft? Which bits are not necessary?

The bits which deem that no DIY person knows how to install a new
circuit

But you can do it yourself and get it certified. Does not that make
sense in a world where people move house frequently? Some DIY people can
install safely, others just *think* they can.

Are you happy with the Regs themselves? Is it just the certification
side which you are unhappy about?

Interested in your comments as I've had similar from my father (60 years
as Chartered Elec Eng)

--
Kay