Old 23-07-2009, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Best way to bury an extension cable to the shed?

In message , Pete C
writes

Martin wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:18:26 +0100, glasgowdan
wrote:

I'm confused now. Don't most people use orange cables to plug in
their lawnmowers, strimmers etc? I already have an external socket
on the wall. It's to run a fridge freezer in the shed. If I can plug
this extension into the external socket, fit a conduit and bury the
cable myself that would be the ideal solution as it's simplest...
what do you think?

You are breaking the law and may kill somebody. An orange cable
doesn't have an earth wire.

Martin, I know your thinking, But I have an extension lead, rated 13 amp, 3
core and it's orange.

My lawnmower and shredder cables are orange and are three-core.

Having said that, they are run from a 13A socket in my detached garage,
which has an electrician-installed supply using buried armoured cable,
protected by a covering of earth and concrete. The socket in the
garage is built-in to a hard-wired RCD.

I gave up installing my own sockets when the law was tightened some
years ago. ;-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply