Old 23-07-2009, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Moving buddleias

In message
,
sutartsorric writes

I find the white varieties to be much more vigorous than the purple
ones (but that might just be the varieties I have), so I would
recommend that you take care to think ahead and not plant them in a
position where the white might shade out the purple in the future.

I have a white buddleia, and although it is certainly vigorous, it is
disappointing in that the white flowers are barely out before they turn
brown. I have resolved to get rid and have a purple replacement.

It is a short growing season, (Manchester), but I have noticed purple
buddleia still sporting healthy blooms, in my daughter's garden.
I'll take my secateurs next time I visit. ;-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply