Old 24-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Lee Hall

Default Peppers with mild heat

(IC_Gardener) wrote in message . com...
Can anyone suggest a mildly hot pepper they like to grow? I grow at
least four kinds of sweet bell peppers every year, but I would like to
grow something with a little heat. Something milder than a Jalepeno
would be best. Is there a bell pepper variety with some heat? This
would be for fresh use, not for drying.

IC_Gardener
Iowa City, Iowa
Zone 5A

I like Corno di Toro Red (aka Italian Bullshorn). They are large, red,
banana shaped peppers. My wife can't take really hot peppers but we
both like these grilled and in salads. They must be easy to grow since
I did okay with them and they were the first peppers I have tried to
grow.

Lee Hall
Zone 6B - Tennessee