Old 24-07-2009, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default DIY auto-watering

Piers Finlayson wrote:

In terms of working out how much water you need - I guessed that 800L
would be enough for my purposes, based on how many 20L watering cans we
generally
use during the course of a day/week. I then ran the system for a week at
30 minutes at day and from this estimated how long I could actually run
the water for each day and use up the entire amount in 2.5 weeks.

Thanks for the info.
I'm hoping a very small amount of water will keep the plants alive,
much less than they normally get.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net