Old 24-07-2009, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default overseeding the lawn

On 2009-07-24 16:38:07 +0100, Martin said:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:58:37 +0100, Sacha wrote:
snip One of the things I like so much round here is that the verges
are a great mixture of different grasses and wildflowers, especially
where there are no pavements. By and large, they're left unmown for a
long period and in due season, primroses, bluebells, ox-eye daisies,
foxgloves, campion and ragwort are allowed to flourish.

There were wild orchids growing on the grass verges in places in N Yorksire

There were some near here and then the owner of a nearby house put in
possibly the ugliest gateway in Devon and must, I think, have got lime
or something onto the grass. We've never seen the orchids again.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com