Old 25-07-2009, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Glyphosate in France

Bob Minchin wrote:
I think it has been mentioned before here that glyphosate is available
in France much cheaper that in UK.
I shall be going to France on holiday for most of September and will
have this on my shopping list.
Where is the best/cheapest places to buy this stuff bearing mind I only
have sufficient French to get typically get a meal and a bed for the
night and could not support a conversation on the relative
concentrations and applications of the stuff!!

What are the brand names to lookout for please and does it come in the
bewildering range of concentrations that we get here?
I'd like 360 or 540 gms per litre so I can make up my own dilutions.
Is glyphosate the same word in French?
Is désherbant the key word to be looking for?

Hopefully some of our French resident readers can help.

TIA

Bob

Prices have got up somewhat recently. You can pick up a 5 litre
container of concentrate for around 30 euros. I use this at a rate of
50ml in 5 litres of water in the sprayer; though this is perhaps a
little stronger than needed. I forget the official dose. It is called
glyphosate the same. Pronounce it glee-fo-sat and you should not have
any problems. I get mine from E'Lecler - the supermarket chain have some
agricultural sections in their DIY branches. How much is it in the UK now?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.