Old 25-07-2009, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default Seeing off an aggressive blackbird?

Hamer Family wrote:

Easy, give it something to eat in a place where you don't mind it being.
Train it by putting food down in a regular spot, Blackbirds like to feed on
the ground so just put a quarter of an apple down somewhere nearby where the
bird will find it. Once the bird has found the food, do this every day to
start with, then every couple of days, then once a week, the bird will soon
learn a new routine.

I have done this particularly with blackbirds because I like them and with
squirrels. It has got to a point where I can call the squirrels from a
window and a couple come to my back door to be fed. My wife thinks I am a
loonie and walks around the house singing 'If I could talk to the animals'.
I think it's a bit of fun.

Sounds absolutely charming, Mark. I'ld love to see it!

Will get hold of some apples!

Eddy.