Old 25-07-2009, 07:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Help identifying a wasp please

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:00:22 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

snip
Neat site. I'm thinking of calling the extension service on Monday for help.
After all, I do pay my taxes...

FWIW one of the local extension services in my area use to
handle calls like this via Master Gardener volunteers. It
was one of the niftier things for them, per a Master
Gardener trainee I once knew. You wouldn't believe the stuff
people call in/ask questions about.

I've been reading your posts for years now and there is a
really good chance that you will know more about this than
the people you are planning to call ;-)

No harm in trying though...

Several pictures of the nest and in situ would be really
helpful. I couldn't fully grok what this thing looked like
from your description.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b