Old 25-07-2009, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default Tomatoes and watering

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in
:

"Granity" wrote in message

dina;857562 Wrote:
Hi, is it better to water tomatoes with water that stayed over night
and it is not cold? Any advise apreciated. Thanks.

Dina

Do you prefer a warm or cold shower? :-))

?
(:-((

To avoid shock, you should try to have the water at a similar
temperature to the roots.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

This is a question I have been pondering for ages.

1/ where you can, use rainwater from a waterbut

2/ put the waterbut(preferably black) in direct sun if you can,

The reasons are that "Fluride" is present in our tap/faucet and from my
understanding this chemical takes away some good bacteria from our drinking
water, and flower and fauna need these friendly bacteria(as we humans do)

The colour black is a receiver for thermolic rays and is a good conductor
of heat, making your waterbut hotter and therefore more acceptable to the
roots, as Pete says.

You don't know me and I don't know you, but I most always get my tomatoes a
couple of weeks ahead of others and tastier too.....but always, ALWAYS take
out the side shoots as they appear.....water, feed + water, feed.

BTW this advice is for outdoor toms.

Let me know please how you continue

Part_No