Old 25-07-2009, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Horticultural fleece

On Jul 25, 5:09*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:59:16 +0100, Frederick Williams

wrote:
aquachimp wrote:

On Jul 25, 1:56 pm, Frederick Williams
wrote:
Pete C wrote:

Frederick Williams wrote:
Horticultural fleece: which way up?
Never noticed a diffence is sides Fred.......can you describe what you have?

Black and shiny on one side, pale grey and fibrous on the other.

um, thats sounds more like a root barrier, ie something dug into the
ground to prevent something like say, bamboo, from spreading.
I mean, "black"... how does the light get in?

I _think_ this stuff is to stop weeds but it lets the water in for
nearby plants. *If I'm right, light isn't needed.

Fleece isn't normally black, it looks like ... fleece.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

It seems he is talking about a weed barrier, not fleece. As for which
way up for that... I don't think it makes much of a difference, after
all, it's often covered with bark chipping, gravel or some such, yet
somehow, I always opted for shiny side up.