Old 25-07-2009, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Horticultural fleece

Frederick Williams writes
aquachimp wrote:

On Jul 25, 1:56 pm, Frederick Williams
wrote:
Pete C wrote:

Frederick Williams wrote:
Horticultural fleece: which way up?
Never noticed a diffence is sides Fred.......can you describe
you have?

Black and shiny on one side, pale grey and fibrous on the other.

um, thats sounds more like a root barrier, ie something dug into the
ground to prevent something like say, bamboo, from spreading.
I mean, "black"... how does the light get in?

I _think_ this stuff is to stop weeds but it lets the water in for
nearby plants. If I'm right, light isn't needed.

Horticultural fleece is a translucent sheet that you put over plants so
that they grow in protected environment underneath - a sort of
unsupported cold frame.
--
Kay