Old 25-07-2009, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Glyphosate in France

"Bob Minchin" wrote ..
I think it has been mentioned before here that glyphosate is available in
France much cheaper that in UK.
I shall be going to France on holiday for most of September and will have
this on my shopping list.
Where is the best/cheapest places to buy this stuff bearing mind I only
have sufficient French to get typically get a meal and a bed for the night
and could not support a conversation on the relative concentrations and
applications of the stuff!!

What are the brand names to lookout for please and does it come in the
bewildering range of concentrations that we get here?
I'd like 360 or 540 gms per litre so I can make up my own dilutions.
Is glyphosate the same word in French?
Is désherbant the key word to be looking for?

Hopefully some of our French resident readers can help.

Something else you can buy in France in large supermache that is difficult
to buy in the UK is "Owatrol" in 1 litre tins. It is the bees knees for
coating stuff to prevent rust on metal, paint it on and it creeps into the
smallest gap and then sets, and it works as an undercoat too. I use it on
all sorts of stuff but especially my old Landrover (1986) "allotment shed"
as it's known.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden