Old 25-07-2009, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Glyphosate in France

On Jul 25, 11:57*am, Bob Minchin wrote:
I think it has been mentioned before here that glyphosate is available
in France much cheaper that in UK.
I shall be going to France on holiday for most of September and will
have this on my shopping list.
Where is the best/cheapest places to buy this stuff bearing mind I only
have sufficient French to get typically get a meal and a bed for the
night and could not support a conversation on the relative
concentrations and applications of the stuff!!

What are the brand names to lookout for please and does it come in the
bewildering range of concentrations that we get here?
I'd like 360 or 540 gms per litre so I can make up my own dilutions.
Is glyphosate the same word in French?
Is désherbant the key word to be looking for?

Hopefully some of our French resident readers can help.

TIA

Bob

Round Up, same name as in the UK. Glyphosate, 300mg/ml, the
concentration varies enormously, so be careful if you find one that
looks too cheap. We buy ours at any grand surface but Carrefour still
seems a little more expensive than LeClerc. The last one we bought
was made by Sem and called Prop'Sol Desherbant and is 360g per litre.

Judith