Old 26-07-2009, 08:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default What's wrong with my apple tree?

In article ,
sherwin dubren wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
sherwin dubren wrote:

Lilah Morgan wrote:
All the leaves have spots/bumps on them. I don't know what it is, but I'm
hoping it can be fixed. Here's a picture of what one of the leaves look
like, front and back:
http://hopespringsfarm.angelfire.com/AppleLeaves01.jpg

Victoria, zone 5a
Lilah,

Looks like Apple Scab. This rainy damp weather seems to encourage this
fungus. You should spray the tree with a fungicide early in the
spring to be most effective, but you can try spraying now. The problem
may go away by itself next year, but I would give it a spray very early
in the spring. If the problem persists, you may have to continue
spraying with a fungicide through the growing season.

Sherwin

We all know how much Sherwin loves to spray (nature be damned).

I'd contact your local Master Gardener's Program in Klamath at 883-7131,
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/kbrec/ first.

Good luck,

Billy, you don't seem to have any suggestions. You probably wouldn't
know a fruit tree from a fire plug.

Sherwin

And what has that to do with solving Lilah's problem? Do you see a
problem with seeking local help, doo?
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.* ~Channing E. Phillips

Israeli Settlers Attack Palestinian Land
http://i2.democracynow.org/2009/7/22/headlines#7

http://i2.democracynow.org/2009/7/22/headlines#7